Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summer Mentorship Component


This is the link to my hours: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtrznTCVopOUdGJFQlRPWkNqdXRESmoySG9vTHhoblE#gid=0

The name of my mentor Yvonne Gratianne and her number is (909) 868-7732.
This are some questions I had after the experience:
This social work has pushed of me to help battered women, specifically their children. I want to help them get out mental 'jail' and help them cope with the pain and move on. 



  1. Could I have been more open-minded about some of the situations people go through?
  2.Should I do something that concentrates on a certain type of need? (disabled, abused, ect. )
  3. Was I really prepared for what this job calls for?
  4. Did I distance myself from the situation so I could see the next step?
  5. Should I volunteer at a free health fair again? 
    
The most important thing I gained from this experience is open-mindedness. I guess I judged people without realizing their history and how it has brought them down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment